Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 8: Observe And Report

File:Observe and report.jpg

"Right now the world needs a hero."
Well Seth Rogen's character is far from it.  Rogen stars as Ronnie Barnhardt, a mentally unstable mall cop.  Ronnie sees himself as the one to solve all problems and when a flasher is terrorizing the mall, Ronnie feels he can save the day and get the girl.  Now if the premise made you feel nice and fuzzy you won't feel that way watching this movie.

It should be noted that this a black comedy, meaning this is one of the darkest comedies ever.  The film pokes fun at the most taboo subjects and yes it is very funny to laugh at those.  The comedy is very well done and has several qoutable lines to boot.  Seth Rogen did a great job as the over-the-head Ronnie, but I feel that fellow mall cop Dennis, played by Michael Pena, steals the show in all of the scenes he is present.  And of course I can't forget Aziz Ansari's bath and soap character who constantly has fights with Ronnie.

Favorite Quote(s):

Charles: [Charlie is asked to join the Special Elite Task Force] Wait a minute, are we getting paid extra for this? Because it seems like...
Ronnie: Let me ask you something - how much did they get paid to storm Normandy, how much did King Arthur get paid to kill Merlin, how much did they get paid to invent Television? Nothing. They did it because they knew it was right.

Nell: Is there really a pervert here?
Ronnie: Yes. Yes, ma'am, there is.
Nell: That's scary.
Ronnie: Not for me so much, you know, it's actually kind of my job, to put myself in harm's way, to protect weaker people such as yourself who are crippled in the leg and whatnot.
Nell: Oh, my cast is coming off in like a month.
Ronnie: I do it, so other people can sleep well at night, meanwhile, I'm up all night fighting demons, just screaming bloody murder, waking up with nosebleeds, night terrors, finding myself a mile from home with bloody feet and a gun in my hand I have no idea how I got there, but pound for pound, I'd say there's not one human being in this mall that deserves this coffee as much as myself.
Nell: Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment