Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 1: Airplane!

You fools!  You foolish fools!  You continue to read my blog!  And I bring you the first out of a set of thirty: The Thirty Best Comedies.




















"Thank God it's only a motion picture!"
Made in 1980 by Jim Abrhams, David Zucker, and Jerry Zucker, the film still lives up to this day.
Aiplane follows a night when a former pilot, Ted Striker, joins the passengers of a plane to get back Elaine, the woman he loves.  Unfortunately the crew and passengers are now suffering from food poisoning due to the bad fish.  Now, Ted Striker must pilot the plane with the help of an inflatable auto-pilot.

The movie is very hilarious and one of the best comedies of all time.  And by far, the one who steals the show, is Leslie Nielsen as Doctor Rumack, one of the passengers who isn't sick("I had lasagna.")

Best Line(s):
Striker: Surely you can't be serious?
Rumack: I am serious.  And don't call me Shirley.

Rumack:  I just want to tell you both:  good luck.  We're all counting on you.

McCroskey:  Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Captain Ouver:  Joey... have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Rumack:  How soon can we land?
Captain Ouver:  I can't tell?
Rumack:  You can tell me, I'm a doctor.


More to come, readers!




No comments:

Post a Comment