Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 7: Dumb and Dumber

File:Dumbanddumber.jpg

Of course this will be on anybody's favorite comedies list.
The film concerns two dimwits Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carry) and Harry Dunn (Jeff Daniels) who go on a cross-country trip to return a suitcase to a woman in Aspen.

The film is a true classic in the realm of gross-out comedy.  Both actors do a great job being stupid and continued to do so, except for Jeff Daniels who strayed away from this type of comedy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him return.

Favorite Quotes(s):

Lloyd: That's it. I've had it with this dump! We've got no food, we got no jobs,... our pets' HEADS ARE FALLIN' OFF!!!

Harry: [his leg is on fire while asking for Beth Jordan's phone number] FOR GOD'S SAKES, JUST GIMME THE DAMN NUMBER!!!!

Lloyd: Excuse me, little old lady. Do you have change for a dollar?
Elderly woman: Change? No I'm sorry, I don't.
Lloyd: Well, can you do me a favor and watch my stuff here while I go break a dollar?
Elderly woman: Of course.
Lloyd: Thanks. Hey, I guess they're right. Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. I'll be right back. Don't you go dying on me!

Harry: Where's the booze?
Lloyd: I got robbed by a sweet old lady on a motorized cart. I didn't even see it comin'!
[Harry starts to moan in despair]
Lloyd: Harry... Oh, come on, Harry. Cheer up...
Harry: [voice breaks] It gets worse, Lloyd. My parakeet, Petey...
Lloyd: Yeah?
Harry: He's dead.
Lloyd: Oh... Oh, man, I'm sorry, Harry. What happened?
Harry: His head fell off.
Lloyd: [reacts; whispers] His head fell off?
Harry: Yeah, he was pretty old.

Harry: I can't feel my fi-fingers anymore, Lloyd. T-th-they're numb!
Lloyd: Ooh. Maybe you should wear these extra gloves... my hands are starting to get sweaty.
Harry: Extra gloves? You've had...this pair...of extra gloves...this whole time??
Lloyd: Yeah! We're in the Rockies.
Harry: I'm going to kill you.
Lloyd: [chuckles] ...What?
Harry: I'm gonna kill you! I'm gonna kill you, Lloyd!

No comments:

Post a Comment